Certification Council Call for Nominations
The CCI Certification Council is accepting nominations for council service for a 3-year term, which will begin in Spring, 2024. Nominations will open on December 1, 2023, and close on December 31, 2023.
The Certification Council provides leadership and oversight for the certification programs of the Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI) in a manner consistent with nationally recognized accreditation standards and in alignment with the mission and values of CCI. While organizational governance for CCI is led by the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the relationship between the CEO and the Certification Council is an equally important partnership. Attendance and participation at Council meetings and an appropriate degree of involvement in the perioperative or certification community are critical and expected of all Council members (Councilors).
- Attend at least one in-person meeting per year.
- A minimum of four Council meetings per year.
- Responsive to email correspondence
- At least twenty hours per year of document review and meeting preparation activities.
- A clear understanding of fiduciary and confidentiality requirements for board service.
- Applicants must hold an active CCI credential and be employed in perioperative practice (clinical, educator, consultant, etc.)
- Applicants must have previous leadership experience.
- Applicants must have previous volunteer service with CCI on a committee or task force.
- Preference will be given to individuals who hold either an NPDA-BC certification or an individual who has held or currently holds a CFPN certification.
- Individuals who volunteer or serve on any advanced specialty nursing certification boards or for professional associations in perioperative nursing.
- Individuals who are involved in any exam preparation activities.