Board of Directors Opportunities
Board of Directors
The CCI Board of Directors encourages those perioperative leaders who wish to volunteer at the highest level of the profession to apply for a position. Board members partner with CCI leadership in the development of policies and strategies to advance the profession. They also embrace our commitment to perioperative excellence through certification, lifelong learning, and professional development. We seek individuals who desire to be active advocates in promoting CCI’s vision and mission.
- Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must hold a current CCI certification (CNOR, CSSM, or CNS-CP), be currently active in perioperative practice and hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing (other undergrad credentials may also be accepted). Applicants must have previous leadership experience and must also have previously served with CCI in a volunteer capacity (on a test or product development committee, ad-hoc group, or task force). Experience as a board member for another professional organization is also beneficial.
- Desired Competencies: Foundational Thinking, Communication, Decision-making skills, Collaboration, Analytical skills.
- Travel: Board members are required to attend two in-person meetings per year at various locations around the United States. CCI will pay the cost to attend meetings, including airfare, meals, and hotel accommodations.
- Time Commitment: The initial term requires a three-year commitment, with an option for reappointment for an additional three-year term. Board service includes 6-8 hours of independent work per month along with individual committee work, as assigned by the President.
- Other Requirements: Candidates must submit an application, current resume or CV, biography, and candidate statement. Candidates will also be required to sign Conflict of Interest and Non-Disclosure agreements.
Our annual call for volunteers is now closed. Please contact Lisa Rosenfield at email@example.com
if you have any questions.