The Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) is a leader in credentialing, nursing competency assessment, and education for the perioperative nursing community since 1979. CCI has developed and maintained the CNOR, CSSM, CRNFA, and CNS-CP credentials for more than 35 years. We currently certify more than 33,950 nurses.
CCI supports these credentialing programs with a suite of publications, exam preparation resources, certificate programs and CE offerings. CCI is committed to upholding standards of excellence that guarantee extraordinary and safe care for all surgical patients.
A growing community of lifelong learners for whom CCI is a catalyst and integral partner.
To lead competency credentialing that promotes safe, quality patient care and professional development through lifelong learning.
What is Specialty Nursing Certification
- The formal process by which a certifying agency validates a nurse’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in a defined role and clinical area of practice
- Profession’s recognition of achievement, expertise and clinical judgment
- Based on predetermined standards
- Achieved through specialized education, experience in a specialty area and passing a qualifying exam
- Accredited specialty nursing certification is THE standard by which the public recognizes quality nursing care
CNOR, CSSM, CRNFA and CNS-CP Are the Gold Standard
CCI’s CNOR, CSSM, CRNFA and CNS-CP credentialing programs are the gold standard in perioperative nursing certification.