The Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) is a leader in credentialing, nursing competency assessment and education for the perioperative nursing community. For more than 35 years, CCI has administered the CNOR credentialing program, and also administers the CSSM, CRNFA, and CNS-CP credentialing programs. The company currently certifies more than 35,000 nurses.
CCI supports credentialing programs with a suite of exam preparation resources and is committed to upholding standards of excellence that guarantee extraordinary and safe care for all surgical patients.
A growing community of lifelong learners for whom CCI is a catalyst and integral partner.
To lead competency credentialing that promotes safe, quality patient care and professional development through lifelong learning.
What is Specialty Nursing Certification
- The formal process by which a certifying agency validates a nurse’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in a defined role and clinical area of practice
- Profession’s recognition of achievement, expertise and clinical judgment
- Based on predetermined standards
- Achieved through specialized education, experience in a specialty area and passing a qualifying exam
- Accredited specialty nursing certification is THE standard by which the public recognizes quality nursing care
Our Credentials are the Gold Standard
CCI’s CNOR, CSSM, CRNFA and CNS-CP credentialing programs are the gold standard in perioperative nursing certification, meeting rigorous accreditation standards of independent accrediting bodies.