Acceptable Contact Hour Providers
To be acceptable, continuing education contact hours MUST be approved by one of the following:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- An agency, organization, or educational institution accredited by ANCC
- Any state board of nursing
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Any state nurses’ association
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN)
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), formerly NAACOG
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- American Academy of Family Practitioners (AAFP)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Academy of Physicians Assistants (AAPA)
- American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM)
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS)
Physician PRA Category 1 CME (50% or 62.5 of the required number of continuing education contact hours may be earned through CMEs.
Please note: to use any ACLS, PALS, BCLS, or BLS courses, you must receive a certificate of completion awarding you contact hours from one of these Accredited Providers as well as your card. A copy of the certificate is required to be submitted via email, fax, or mail.
"MedCEU" Alert: Please be aware that the organization "MedCEU" aka "American Medical Education, Inc" is neither accredited by ANCC nor approved through any of the ANCC approvers and therefore contact hours earned through them cannot be used for CNOR or CRNFA recertification.