Certificate Program for Surgical Services Management
The Certificate Program for Surgical Services Management is designed for the members of the management team or those aspiring to it. Frequently, managers find themselves in this role without the necessary background or education. While strong clinicians, many managers lack the required knowledge in financial management, human resource management, among others, to be effective in the leadership role.
The certificate program is structured to develop a manager’s competency in six areas essential to effectively leading a surgical services department . The areas were identified by a comprehensive national Job Analysis study of professionals in the manager/director role and include:
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Surgical Services Management
- Human Resource Management
At the start of the program, participants take an online assessment test to determine strengthens and learning needs in each of the program's subject areas. The six learning modules, written by industry experts, develop specific knowledge and skills in each subject area. With no travel requirement, the modules are completed according to the participant's chedule. Participants finish the program by taking an online post-assessment test for each module.
Upon successful completion, participants receive a Certificate of Mastery in Surgical Services Management along with 11.3 contact hours. The continuing nursing education activities are provided by CCI, and have been approved by the California State Board of Nursing, an accredited provider. The continuing education credit expires on May 31, 2014.
Benefits of the Certificate Program for Surgical Services Management
This certificate program is designed to:
- Enhance knowledge and ability to function in a management role regardless of background, education or training
- Help managers successfully navigate the complex surgical services environment
- Increase staff productivity
- Enhance staff engagement
- Increase staff collaboration
- Improve hiring and retention rates
- Provide a means for succession planning
- Help achieve or retain Magnet status
|Complete set of print modules and online tests ||$ 199.00 ||[ buy now ] |
|Complete set of eBook modules and online tests ||$ 199.00 ||[ buy now ] |
|Shipping and handling fee for print sets ||$ 14.00 || |
What Do Participants Say About the Certificate Program for Surgical Services Management?
Findings from a survey of past participants include:
- 76% of respondents said they purchased the program to expand their skills in surgical services management.
- 66% of respondents said that the pre-assessment exam provided a helpful roadmap to complete the program.
- 94% of respondents said the case studies were applicable.
- 87% of respondents believed that the six modules were adequate to cover the topic of surgical services management.
- 83% of respondents didn't feel additional topics needed to be covered in the modules.
- 90% of respondents said that they would recommend the program to their colleagues.